Due to the growing impact of human activities on the environment, the importance of carrying out an objective ecology monitoring has increased. The usage of satellite images in this case makes it possible to achieve a complete coverage of the territory and remote sensing methods enable an environmental assessment not only within specific observation points, but also in any area regardless transport accessibility.
SOVZOND provides up-to-date information applicable for efficient ecological problem solving:
- identification and mapping of both prevailing and secondary types of landscapes;
- monitoring of rapidly changing ecosystems and human data objects including expansion of cities, industrial areas and highways, reduction of ponds and etc.;
- assessment of the impact on the environment of desertification, salinization, karst, suffusion, abrasion, monitoring and forecasting of such processes;
- identification of local sources of water and soil pollution, as well as the consequences of their impact on the ecosystem;
- monitoring of existing authorized and illegal storage sites of municipal solid waste (MSW) and industrial waste;
- integrated assessment of the ecologic status of regions based on a retrospective analysis of satellite images including expert view of how an area is suitable for comfort living.
Krasnodar Krai, Leo. MSW landfill