For monitoring wildfires, data from space-based remote sensing satellites that perform imaging at a resolution of 250 - 1000 m in the thermal range of lengths can be used. On the basis of this data it is possible to identify coordinates of fire (thermal anomalies) in real-time. It can also be used for forecasting the development of wildfires (using meteorological data as well).
Types of work:
- Detailed analysis of fire development;
- Assessment of the total territory damaged with fire;
- Economic damage assessment;
- Planning of fire suppression works;
- Identification of the pockets of burning peat, etc.
|Monitoring of fires in GEOmonitor «Sovzond»™|
|Development of peat fire. Moscow region, 2010 (Landsat 5)|