Satellite images provide a comprehensive framework for mapping and inventory of transportation infrastructure: roads, railways and pipelines, water channels, river ports and airports, as well as for planning reconstruction activities at the facilities of road transport infrastructure. Professionals have discovered and embraced GIS as an important tool in managing, planning, evaluating, and maintaining transportation systems.
By visualizing internal and external data transport agencies can make smarter decisions about available infrastructure and service coverage. SOVZOND actively helps them providing:
- number of stream, road and railroad crossings calculation;
- pavement edges and pavement types identification;
- airports facilities management;
- transport infrastructure planning ;
- transport accessibility study;
- environmental monitoring.