Spatial data in combination with geoinformation technologies is a powerful tool for developing solutions for water resource management. Hydrologists use geoinformation technology to integrate various data and applications into one manageable system.
SOVZOND realizes general and custom projects applicable to both research centers and government decision-making authorities:
- inventory of reservoirs, water management and irrigation systems and waterworks;
- monitoring and modeling of processes of flooding;
- monitoring of water and ice regimes of water bodies, monitoring of snow melting processes in order to predict snowmelt runoff, monitoring of ice conditions during floods;
- identification of biological productivity of water bodies, identification of aquatic biological resources;
- identification of anthropogenic and natural changes in water;
- identification of river and lake basins as well as watersheds, modeling of directions and speeds of stocks under various external conditions, modeling of processes of suspended particles and contaminants transporting;
- construction and analysis of digital elevation models.
Images of Northern Dvina (top) and Yenisei (bottom) rivers acquired for mapping of inland waterways