Forester’s mobile workstation is designed to provide workflow in forests for the following tasks:
- Navigation in the forestry with the ability of using high resolution satellite images;
- Inspection of changes in a forest fund;
- Evaluation of wood reserves;
- Providing the necessary background information.
Recommended software: Software of the forester’s mobile workstation. Android OS.
Recommended hardware: any mobile devices, which has a function of navigation with GLONASS / GPS, Android OS.
Forester’s mobile workstation includes 4 units of functionality:
1. Unit "Navigation, plan of afforestation”
It provides the definition of the current coordinates of the forester with positioning systems (GPS / GLONASS) with the possibility of using satellite image as a substrate.
2. Unit "Acts of inspection the changes in the forest fund"
It provides the ability to enter data (all types of information about changes in the forest fund) to the mobile geodatabase (MBGD) on-site. Geographical coordinates of the inspection and a photo of the forest site, made with the built-in camera, are determined and recorded in MBGD. Further data from MBGD is transferring to the local database to forester’s mobile workstation.
3. Unit "Material-monetary estimation of the cutting area"
Allows to create the statement about cutting area for the further processing in the forester’s mobile workstation.
4. Unit "Reference Information "
Provides access to the necessary reference information loaded in conventional formats (MS Office, pdf, jpg, etc.), such as a declaration of forest management with applications, report of forest user, forestry regulations, and so on.
Window of the Unit "Navigation, the plan of afforestation"