Global Basemap is an off-the-shelf product of DigitalGlobe delivering baseline context that enables users to better understand and analyze specific geographical maps of interest, whether they be state-wide, country-wide, regional, or global. Using complete, high- and mid-resolution, accurate orthorectified imagery coverage and providing continual updates, Global Basemap provides the most relevant imagery basemap available to the market.
Organizations can connect to Global Basemap in a way that best meets user needs. Content is delivered according to geographic need (Country, Region, Global) and can be accessed online through DigitalGlobe Cloud Services or offline through an external hard drive. City coverage includes orthomosaic coverage for all major urban centers, while Country coverage includes coverage for an entire country.
Access to Global Basemap can be gained by following the link https://www.mydigitalglobe.com.
Рис. 1. Global Basemap Interface
Рис. 2. MAP VIEW mode
Рис. 3. Mosaic of satellite images
- The most accurate and up-to-date imagery available of all 500 million square kilometers of the planet’s surface;
- Leverages multiple data sources to provide seamless coverage of the Earth’s surface with multiple zoom layers;
- Meets strict accuracy, currency and aesthetics required for planning, monitoring and tracking change in defined areas of interest to provide highest quality result;
- Requires no tasking or traditional order processing, providing immediate off-the-shelf availability of imagery;
- Processing, updating and hosting provided entirely by DigitalGlobe;
- Hosted and served over a distributed cloud network, allowing access from anywhere in the world or hosted by customer enabling direct control of data access and security;
- Tiered subscription options.
- Provides users a complete imagery layer that enables bundling of project-specific information with other DigitalGlobe products;
- GIS application-ready, which eliminates the time and cost associated with tasking and processing satellite imagery;
- Easy access to global maps from anywhere in the world;
- Minimizing customer hosting and labor costs;
- Imagery stays updated with high- and mid-resolution coverage expanding over time in order to provide the most relevant product possible;
- Fast, on-demand seamless integration using open standards simplifies existing GIS workflows and accelerates decision making;
- Configurable product options offer a range of values which makes Global Basemap a truly customizable solution.