SOVZOND Company produces high quality topographic maps and plans on the basis of modern technologies of data processing. We use widely high resolution satellite imagery along with field data, Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS/GPS) and geoinformation systems (GIS) in our work.
Large scale mapping (at 1: 5000, 1:10 000, 1:25 000, 1:50 000 scales) is one of the main axes of activities of SOVZOND company. Remote sensing data obtained from different satellites are widely used as the cartographic basis.
The topographic and planimetric maps generation technology includes a complete work cycle from remote sensing data processing and interpretation to a ready-to-use map in a vector and appropriate format. Various types of cartographic and auxiliary data can be applied (including interpretation templates, field interpretation results and etc.) along with remote sensing data.
A large scale maps represent relatively small regions in greater detail. These topographic and planimetric maps may be used for decision making, analysis and engineering design. In some cases the maps are a new product, and in other cases we are called in to prepare a map update. Increasing the scale allows more features to be represented—with the level of detail being carefully tailored to meet each client needs.
Creating and updating topographic maps include remote sensing data processing and vector map compilation. Remote sensing data processing is carried out in Trimble INPHO photogrammetric system and ENVI software. The digitization and geospatial analysis are conducted in ArcGIS or other GIS applications.
- Remote sensing data photogrammetric processing;
- A digital elevation model (DEM) generation;
- Interpretation and vectorization of topographic map elements;
- The determination of the relief heights and other necessary measurements (such as the width of roads, rivers, and etc.);
- The verification of processing results and remote sensing data interpretation including field classification survey;
- Orthophotomap generation.
- Orthophotomap digitization (hydrography, roads, buildings, and etc.);
- Map contents compilation that is not included in orthophotomap (such as boundaries, names and etc.);
- The address database creation;
- The data aggregation and representation in the form that best fits our customers needs.
|The fragment of an image from WorldView-1satellite|
|The vectorization of the objects on the map|
|The fragment of the generated vector map|