Desktop GIS has powerful tools to create and edit geographic information, registration and publication of maps, geo-data analysis and GIS modeling.
Desktop GIS makes it possible to solve complex data analysis tasks for various spheres of activity:
- to explore the variability of data and spatial relationships;
- to simulate the development of processes and phenomena, such as floods, pollution, fires, etc.;
- to plan the optimal location of retail outlets, infrastructure objects;
- analyze the connectivity of engineer networks;
- calculate slopes, the exposure of the slopes, visibility on the ground;
- and much more.
The main advantages of using desktop GIS in comparison with web and mobile solutions are:
- availability of GIS functions regardless of the connection to the GIS server;
- advanced features of creating and editing spatial data, and also geospatial analysis and modeling;
- possibility of interface setup and automation of user tasks without programming.
SOVZOND company provides a full cycle of works on creation of desktop GIS, including:
- collection and initial data preparation;
- GIS design;
- cartographic projects implementation;
- installation and configuration of GIS components;
- planning and automation of technological processes of data analysis;
- user training.
As a platform for desktop GIS creating, various GIS software appropriate to the needs of the customer can be used – for example, ArcGIS for Desktop produced by Esri. If the standard capabilities of the GIS platform is not enough to solve the tasks, SOVZOND company specialists develop additional modules and tools.